Bleachparadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's meet again in Paradise... BleachParadise.

HomeBP-PortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Contributing to Society

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

Contributing to Society Empty
PostSubject: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:31 am

You know it's been a long time since you've checked a website when you can't remember the your password. And it's kind of sad to think about how disconnected you are to other individuals you used to chat with all the time. Ah, how it portrays how shallow relationships are these days.
This thinking has led me to attempt to contribute something back to society in a sense. Blogging is not really my thing, but something that creates activity on this site might prove to be fruitful in the near or long-term future. I believe it's worth a shot. and there is not better time than the present.

AP exams are coming up. I've been studying so much that my brain is starting to liquify and pour of my ears. I think I've come to the point in which I can recite differential equations in my sleep. That's scary. If learning indepth information wasn't so mind-dulling, I would be less adverse to it. Alas, academic success does not work that way.
Hopefully, you don't have too many to study for.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=726932112&ref=p
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:35 am

I'm quite touched by your words, and thus I can't think of a full reply as of now, so this will be a reply written-while-thinking.

I sure get a nostalgic feeling when I think of the time where I managed to set up a social society; Since I've always been somewhat "closed in" when it came to friendships, social activities and people in general, this was a huge step in life for me. It may be online. It may be a fact that I'm not communicating with people face to face, but it was, and is a happy emotion I get when I log on Bleachparadise and realize that something new have been posted.

As for what I'm doing at the moment; I'm planning my future a few years ahead. This is the first time I've ever done something like it, since I live quite spontanious. Nonetheless I've set my goal, and I will definately travel to Japan as an exchange student when I'm done with school. My grades are all more than a parent could hope for, so I'm living as peaceful as possible.

My life has taken a indescribable turn throughout the past few years. I was shut-off, depressed and I didn't trust my classmates at all. It was a living hell for me; Can't count how many times the sorrowful gates leaked water.

I now live a peaceful life. My personality have changed; An old friend of mine is still getting used to it, which I can definately feel when he's telling me "Nah, you're not like..." and "That's not entirely true...", but I think that he can somewhat understand that I'm not the same person as I was back then. Back then I only relied on him and myself. As things stands right now, I've also made another friend. A trustworthy, interesting and stupid friend, where stupid is being said in a friendly way. He's really just.....trustworthy, and someone I can share almost everything with.

Avery. You're a kind person. A kind person, who has dedicated a bit of her life to write a post in a board on the internet. I'm not going to say that I'll pray for you to do well with your studies since I don't have a religion(I live by 3 rules; Might get to explain that someday), but I wish you good luck with them.

As I sit here now, listening to a calm piano piece by Isaac Shepherd, I realize that this has become a personal letter, post, call it whatever you want; And it's been reliefing. I really realize that I've gone somewhat off-track, but it's been nice.

When it come to the topic of raising the activity of the site, I'm too.....neutral about it? I'd love to raise the activity and spend more time in here, but I don't know how. I've tried advertising on different forums, real advertising(Remember that annoying banner?), and spreading the word to well, the only two real friends I have who are the only ones I know that watch anime.

I sure hope I've written everything in an interesting manner, because this is without doubt the longest post I've ever written on a forum, or generally online.

Yep.....thanks Avery. I hope you don't mind, but I'm juuuuust going to add you to AIM and,,,,,,get AIM installed. You seem like you're a person whom I could get along with verbally(Did that sound weird? Hmm....) and generally.

Well, I hope this post will be useful and informative; I enjoyed writing it. Now I think I'm going to plug-in my headphones and play some piano(It's 00:35 AM! Such a great invention those headhones are...).

With my strangest and kindest regards,
- David Kracht Lam
Back to top Go down
http://bleachparadise.heavenforum.com
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:59 am

Don't you write most of your posts with a written-while-thinking method? Usually, that's what I do. Then again, I should probably change this habit for I end up saying too much and then cursing myself for being too silly.

I am glad to hear that you have opened up a little bit. As human beings, we are naturally wired to desire communication. Through the supression of this inclination, there are a wide range of deleterious psychological effects. I know that by me saying this makes me a hypocrite, I believe that my assertion is in the right place.

You're going to Japan?! I would love to do something like that, but I think that I would drive the host family to insanity with my demanding personal hygene idiosyncrasies. Not only that, but my grades are that great... Bottom line: I am very envious of you.

Being a psychologist is not one of my professions, and I can't really help you with your chronic depression. But if you need someone to talk to, I'm always available.

Trust is very important to achieve a general sense of happiness. It is wonderful to hear that you have found someone that you can irrevocably trust. I only have Brian, and I can't imagine what I would do without him by my side.

I am a kind person? Please, please, please do not make me laugh too hard. The only reason why I am doing this is to prove to myself that I am worth something. I have this complex in which I am only as good as everyone else me. I am interested in your 3 rules to life. If you don't mind, I'd like you to elaborate on them.

If this gets to be too personal, I am sorry. I am aware that you have the tendency to keep to yourself, so this is probably different for you. I don't want to force you into uncomfortable situations.

Spreading the word is an endeavor that I have not been successful in. Most of my friends do not read manga nor watch anime. We're just a bunch of insane, politics-loving debaters.

I have tried my best to keep everything in an ogranized manner and respond accordingly to your statements. If I did not address a point that you had hoped I would, I am sorry. Just bring it back around and I promise that I will respond to it.

If you don't want to add AIM, I am available through other means. Your best chance is by E-Mail, for I am the biggest E-Mail addict in this universe. I have my Blackberry upload my inbox every half an hour, including during class sessions. Although I am not too good at responding in a timely manner, I do respond within the expanse of a week. Or you can leave me several phone messages. I have a friend who does that.

I have enjoyed reading your personal letter, post, or whatever you wish to classify it as. I eagerly await your next one and the chance to place my personal input.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Continued via email. I don't have a problem about talking about all sorts of things, but it's more comfortable knowing that our conversations aren't open to everyone. :)
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:33 pm

I figured as much when I recieved your E-Mail this morning during my 7-mile run.

Just because I don't have much to announce right now, I'll just stick with running. So, because I am easily pressured into doing harmless things, my friend and I are training to run a 10k for a fundraiser. Although running is not really my idea of fun, it's a challenge and I'm not one to back down.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:35 am

During work, I ran into an old colleague. Even though we work at the same hospital, he transferred to a different unit about nine months ago. I'm still in ER and he's on MedSurge. The double-takes and exctied greetings were quite hilarious, or at least to the people who were watching. Anyway, it was a very nice surprise and I will admit that I miss seeing him around all the time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more people will be hit by cars and our paths will cross some more. (Actually, only the second part of the statement holds valid.)

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:24 am

Toady is my birthday. As of so far, it has been incredibly wonderful and has involved several cakes.
What more do I have to say?

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 am

During school today, in pathetic attempts to raise awareness against drunk driving, my school put on a full-scale accident scenario. I'm ambivalent about it. I think it was a complete waste of time and effort because I'm a firm believer of "stupid people die first." If you're not smart enough to know that you shouldn't drive drunk because of the high fatalitiy potential, then you deserve to die. And by all the stupid people dying, there will be natural selection for the smart people. This will lead to the genetic predisposition for intelligence, which is wonderful. On the other hand, it was really awesome to have a helicopter land and have all the EMTs (especially the ones you know) on the field. Hopefully, and I'm praying to every divinity imaginable, someone learned something.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 am

1. Happy birthday, I didn't know that happy bday

2. Statement "Stupid people die first" = true y/n?
Y
Back to top Go down
zanclan
Plus Soul
Plus Soul
zanclan

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 am

Kracht-Shukun wrote:
1. Happy birthday, I didn't know that happy bday

2. Statement "Stupid people die first" = true y/n?
Y

Happy belated Birthday

Y
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:11 am

Hahaha, thanks guys!
It's also good to know that you agree with my assertion that stupid people die first.

So... I don't have much to say right now. Nothing interesting seems to be coming to mind, which I'm not sure whether I should be concerned or not. I guess I'm glad that it's the weekend? Enjoy yours, so at least one of us is being happy.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:17 pm

I'll try.....I'm in a group in school and we're making this radio drama project, and they've left the editing(ALL OF IT) to me because "They aren't sure that they'll be able to help."

Only lightbulb in the dark corridor that's switched on is that I get to decide how it's going to be. =)
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:06 am

Ouch. I wish you the best of luck and perseverance! And also forgiveness, just in case your codes snap and you decide to bash their heads together. It's also one of the reasons why I particularly convince the teacher to work independently despite the nature of the project being a group one.

Because I am still very upset about it, I think that I shall make it the topic of discussion for this post. I think that school social "dancing" events are a complete waste of time. I was spinning disks with my friend (aka DJ-ing) and I got to experience first hand what exactly does go on during these outings that I so despise. First off, the atmosphere is unhygenic. It's hot and humid with all the persperation in the air. Second, it's way to sexually oriented for me. I seriously do not want to see scantily clad girls making love to their boyfriends. Third, there are idiots who think it's quite hilarious to smoke and drink. Sure I don't want to live to be 100, but dying from lung cancer or a driving accident is not on my to-do list. Fourth, way too much profanity. I'm glad that you're making the attempt to communicate, but you epicly fail if you resort to just shouting profanities. And fifth, there is a reason why the DJ stand is taped off. It is so you don't come near me nor touch my equipment. Seriously, I doesn't take much to understand the concept.
Bottom line: DISGUSTING beyond the already stretched limits of repulsive.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:45 am

It's official: I am travelling to Europe over the summer. I'm really excited because I've been out of the country only once, which was for a cruise along Mexico. Also because I'm going on a foregin exchange program through one of my parents' work. (Ironic how I mentioned earlier that I'd probably never be able to do this sort of thing?) I think I'm getting placed with Spain since I already know the language and culture, but I want to go to Poland or Switzerland.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:53 pm

...Wow. I've been missing quite a few days. ...Sorry about that.

Anyway, there's much going on that I have to report. Life's been fairly quiet on this side of the computer screen.
Hopefully I will come across something more interesting in the near future.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
iklips-jukeisha
Administrator
Administrator
iklips-jukeisha

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:22 am

Perhaps those of you residing within this discussion wouldn't mind taking some small fraction of time to vote on the BP Banners that have been undergoing judgment for quite some time. As of now, only Master Kracht has voted and I don't want to end the poll with just hiw vote.

You can vote
here.
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:56 am

EEK! AP exams are in less than three weeks!
Kill me now or forever force me not to take AP exams.

I never really noticed it, but there are some really weird talents out there. Chances are that the explanation is due to random chance, but I like to believe that there is some kind of special ability.
I have a friend who just knows whevern someone is watching a basketball game. We were walking down an avenue on ASU's campus, and he suddenly stops and says, "Do you hear that? Someone's watching basketball." He then bursts into some restaurant and sure enough, in the corner, a television set is transmitting a basketball game.
This is probably you-had-to-have-been-there-for-it-to-be-comical events, but I'd thought I'd share.

I'll go and vote in after I post this.
Hopefully, it won't put us at a stalemate.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 am

I really like GMail, or at least the staff of GMail who create all the wacky applications. Earlier, I was browing through some of the newer applications avaible through GMail and they (the creators) seem to have a sense of humor. There's one for E-Mail addicts like me, where I'm shut our of my account for ten mintes after an extensive period of time. There's another one that asks me simple math questions every two hours just so I don't turn to a vegetative state. There's another one that does automatic replies for me. Although I personally enjoy writing out long E-Mails, I think the application might come in handy when I get things I don't want to deal with.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:27 am

Who's going to ASU to get a minor in Spanish and get a biochemical intership as a senior?
This kid! (Points at self)
I am oh-so excited to get started!

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Gah, I can't wait to get to Japan. Sometimes it's just hard to set off some time for extra studying.....

Hope you'll have a nice trip!
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:51 pm

As most of you are aware, today is Easter. I don't mind the fact that today several people are participating in pseudo-religious practices in attempts to gain religious benefits; it's similar to Chirstmas. However, I do care if you decide to be a missionary and come to my house to bother me about religious conversion because you were "inspired" by the Christian masses for the moment. But in comparsion, I've learned that people who do that sort of thing does not even come close to pissing me off as much as...
I can't decide what pisses her off more: (1) the actual reality that life sucks or (2) the people who are too stupid to accept the fact that life sucks and keep making equally stupid "life is beautiful" nonsense. Seriously, people.

-Avery

Last edited by Avery72 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:29 am

I agree with you too much on your last statements.

The way I see it, is by knowing that the world isn't fair by any means, but I might as well just take it as it hits me in the face and keep on smiling, to live my life as great as possible.
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Okay, okay, I'm really sorry about not being around to post for the past days. I've been very busy taking care of business elsewhere, which I am about to tell you about.

First off, I changed my E-Mail address. I think that some of you are aware of this, some of you may not be. Because I'm now an official student at ASU and am registered to take classes with college juniors and seniors this fall for my Spanish minor, I now have to use the official ASU E-Mail. But don't worry, I've rerouted everything to it, so if you want, you can still E-Mail me at my "old" E-Mail address.

Second, I have a new temporary job at the hospital. It's only throughto the fall, thankfully. I work twice a week in the ER, and then I have the rest of my week to adjust to the schedule of other high school student volunteers. I'm training new volunteers how to do their job properly.

Third, AP exam prep, of course.

And finally, I was participating in the state HOSA competition for the past three days. HOSA stands for Health Occupations Students of America, and it's pretty much a national organization that teaches high school students a wide variety of different medical specialties. I did biomedical debate and... I placed 1st! In short, that means I qualified to participate at the national level in June!!! And the best part is that everyone else from my school placed 1st (I know, my school is just that awesome) and we're all going together.

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Kracht-Shukun
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kracht-Shukun

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 pm

To make a long answer short: Awesome!

In this week all 8. years are going out to different education courses. It's all quite exciting, some of it is boring as twingly though.....I've been to the HTX (Højre Teknisk Eksamen) ((High Teknical Exam)) academy, and it was very interesting except for the last class where I was late and couldn't find my way around. When I finally got in that class I wished I haven't, because the teacher just blabbled out with stuff that I didn't know about(Biology in a high level, we're nowhere near that yet and it's not something I study during my free time).

All in all though, it was quite awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
Avery72
Plus Soul
Plus Soul

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 am

Hm... What should I describe for you all now?
I don't have much to say right now... Life has settled down into a pattern of eat-study-eat-study-etc. I guess you could add in the occasional piano practice sessions and the few hours that I devote to a light nap. But besides that, I think that sums up my life quite nicely.
Ah. Now I remember something.
I've been slacking off on E-Mails. I keep telling myself to stick to the one week rule (when I reply to an E-Mail at most one week from the date in which I received it), but that seems to be ending miserably. Hopefully when exam month is over I can get back to doing what I love to do most. Write debate cases. (And E-Mail.)

-Avery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contributing to Society   Contributing to Society I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contributing to Society
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleachparadise :: Everything Else :: General Discussion-
Jump to: